3. Actual Gifts You Can Send to Prisoners for Christmas
Renee Patterson Writes eBooks to, for and about prison loved ones. She’s been sending Christmas gifts to her mom in prison, who entered the CDCR system in 2007, since the beginning.
The prison story author has also had to some up with some creative gifts to send her brother, cousin and fiance, who have also all spent decades of holidays in various CDCR prisons.
Ms. Patterson believes that contacting your incarcerated family in friends in prisons is vital, especially during the holiday season.
Renee Patterson Speaks on Top Christmas Gifts for Contacting Your Incarcerated Loved Ones in CDCR Prisoners
Prison Rideshare Network ask Renee Patterson to come up with what she would call the top three gifts to send a prison inmate in the CDCR system (based on those rules). This is what she came up with in general:
“Every prison is a real person… meaning they are all different and have different needs and desires. But, if you’re looking for the top three general gifts to send someone in a CDCR prison, this is my take:”
- Money on Their Books – Renee says that this is one of the top gifts you can give any prisoner or jail inmate. This way, they are free to shop in the facility stores, buy what they want when they want it, and barter with other inmates for things they want and need. During the holidays, a lot of these loving people will use their money to get goods and services from others to send homemade gifts home to loved ones as Christmas gifts.
- Money on Their JPay Media Accounts – Most CDCR prison loved ones know that these inmates now have access to tablets and kiosks inside the facilities. There are so many things they can do with these prison kiosks and tablets that keep them connected with the outside world. But, every single thing they do… costs money. With the JPay tablets, for example they can now:
- Send and receive emails
- Download and listen to music
- Receive and view photos and vidios
- Download and play games
- Read daily news
- Access educational tools & materials
- 2018 Calendars Customized for Your Prisoner – Everyone needs a new calendar for the new year. Prison inmates tend to live by theirs. They are very important for helping them keep up with their lives, as well as the lives of their family and friends. For the holidays, why not customize calendars just for them? Add images, romantic sayings, emotional images and more. Make sure you add some of the family Christmas photos from this year to the December 2018 page!
4. Give Your Incarcerated Loved Ones What They Need Most This Holiday Season… Prison Visits
One of the best gifts for prisoners and jail inmates for the holidays, their birthdays, or any other special occasion, is prison visits. This is the best way to connect with while physically contacting your incarcerated friends and family on the inside.
You get the chance to physically engage with them. And, if they’re allowed contact visits, you can eat with them, play games together and have meaningful conversations.
When it comes to contacting your incarcerated family and friends this holiday season through prison visits, Renee Patterson says:
“This is one of the best times to visit them. If the people you love most in the world happen to be in prisons, where else would you want to spend your holidays? I’m just saying.”
5. Stay in Touch After Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Day
Staying in touch with incarcerated loved ones shouldn’t only be for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.. Visiting and contacting your incarcerated family and friends this holiday season is very important.
But, even after the holidays are over, they still need your love and support.
You must let them know you will always be there for them even after the holiday visits are over. Be sure to keep up your visits, write and send letters and cards all year long.