We have compiled the information below to help make visiting incarcerated loved ones in Alabama prisons easier for you, including visitor dress code information. Please let us know if any information is inaccurate or outdated.
Alabama Department of Corrections
DOC Full Name: Alabama Department of Corrections
DOC Nickname: ADOC
Visitor Information: http://www.doc.state.al.us/docs/AdminRegs/AR303.pdf
Visiting Appointment System: 334-353-3883 [Central Office Switchboard]
Federal Prison Facilities in Alabama
Find Rides to Prisons in Alabama
Dress Code Guidelines for Visiting Alabama Department of Corrections
Alabama Department of Corrections has very strict dress code policies for prison visitors. This is the sum of what you can and can’t wear on a visit to ADOC.
What you can wear:
- Visitors to the facility are expected to wear a complete set of undergarment.
- For female visitors, all dresses, pants and skirts must extend below the knee.
- Slits or splits in female dresses must be at least knee length.
- All shirts and blouses must be long enough to reach and cover the chest and the waist area.
Items Prohibited in Alabama Prison Facilities:
- Jewelry: With exception to a wedding band/set.
- Sunglasses: With exception to those prescribed by a medical doctor.
- Electronic equipment of any sort is not allowed. Some of which include but are not limited to video games, cell phones, laptops, mp3 players, radio, smart watches etc.
- Lighters, matches or any tobacco product.
- Medication: With exception to drugs prescribed by the doctor. Approval is subjects to warden’s discretion.
- Briefcases, duffel bags and/or purses.
- Caps, scarves, hats, head ties or headbands.
- White clothing or any colored clothing that appears white.
- Wigs: With exception to wigs prescribed by a doctor. Approval is subject to warden’s discretion.
- Scrub garments.
- Sleeveless shirts and sundresses.
- Elastic fabric tight-fitting trousers, stretch pants or shorts. All trousers are expected to be at ankle length or lower.
- Beach shoes, slippers and shower shoes.
- See-through clothes, sheer and tight fitting.
Keep in Mind Alabama Prison Visitors:
- Adult visitors must be listed on the list of approved inmate visitors and are expected to have a valid photo ID.
- All visitors will be searched. If any contraband is found on you in the course of the search, you need to return them to your vehicle. Prison staff will not be responsible for any loss.
- Visitors presenting false personal data or found attempting to or introducing contraband to the facility may be prosecuted for a felony. Visiting schedules are subject to change or termination without any prior notice.
- Adult visitors are only allowed to enter the check-in area with money ($20.00 or less), car keys and identification cards in a transparent plastic bag.
- Birth certificate establishing maternity or paternity between an inmate and adult children and (or) grandchildren. Minors will need to have the ‘Request for minor children to visit form’ completed for them. (ADOC form 303-B).
- Parents or legal guardians with infants must come with at least 1-4 disposable diapers and will be used during the check-in search. Two transparent plastic feeding bottles and one baby blanket are allowed in the visiting area.
- Sitting in laps, inappropriate public sexual conduct and behaving in a manner deemed illicit or offensive is prohibited. Authorities allow a simple brief hug between an inmate and their visitors at the time of entry and departure.
- Visitors are not permitted to leave any item for inmates upon their visitation. Upon advanced written approval from the prison warden, visitors are allowed to wear religious head-wear into the prison visiting area. Note that the head-wear is subject to random or purposeful search before or any point in time during the visitation.
Kindly remember that the facility authorities reserve the right to cancel or terminate appointments with or without prior notice.
Alabama Prison Visitor Store
You can always find help along the way if you are planning for a prison visit. You may want to get stuff for prison visits or purchase approved visiting gear to cut the chances of being turned back.
Shop for approved women apparel for prison visits such as bras and purses or browse to see materials that you can get for your incarcerated loved ones.
Some of our popular prison loved ones store categories include: